Insights Online User Terms and Conditions
Insights Learning and Development Ltd. (“Insights”) wish to allow individuals access to the online information systems known as ‘Insights Online’ in order to use Insights products and services.
Insights Online contains confidential, technical and commercial information concerning the business of Insights, our customers, our business, systems, software and services (“Confidential Information”).
As you have been granted access to Insights Online and Insights is providing you with such Confidential Information, you hereby agree to accept and comply with the following terms and conditions.
Data Protection and Privacy
- When processing and handling any personal information you agree to comply in all respects with the terms of (i) the Data Protection Act 1998, (ii) EC Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC; (iii) any similar or equivalent legislation applicable when processing any Personal Data used in connection with Insights Products and Services. "Personal Data" shall have the meaning given to it in the Data Protection Act 1998.
As a user of Insights Online you agree:
- to treat as confidential all Confidential Information concerning the business of Insights accessed through the use of the Insights Online system or otherwise provided by Insights and to exercise due care and diligence and take all such steps as are necessary to prevent disclosure of any Confidential Information;
- to restrict access to the Confidential Information only to such other employees or authorised representatives of your employer who have a need to access the confidential information for the purpose of delivering learning and development services and will procure that any person to whom the Confidential Information is disclosed will keep the same confidential and use it solely for the agreed purpose and that they will be bound by the same conditions of confidentiality as stipulated in this agreement;
- not at any time to use any Confidential Information for any purpose other than for the provision of learning and development services in accordance with Insights’ normal course of business;
- not, otherwise than in the proper performance of their normal work with Insights and for the purpose, to make, use or copy any Confidential Information or documents;
- that any and all Confidential Information regarding the Insights business shall be returned to Insights on request without any copies being made or retained.
Licence and Access
Subject to your compliance with these user terms and conditions and your payment of any applicable fees, Insights grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access and make use of Insights Online. This license does not include the rights to resell or any commercial use of any Insights products and services or their contents; any downloading or copying of account information for the benefit of another; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
All rights not expressly granted to you in these user terms and conditions are reserved and retained by Insights. No part of Insights Online may be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without our express written consent. You may not frame or use framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of Insights without our express written consent. You may not use any meta tags or any other "hidden text" utilising Insights’ names or trademarks without our express written consent.
You may not misuse Insights Online. You may use Insights Online only as permitted by law. Your right to use Insights Online may be terminated if you do not comply with these user terms and conditions.
When using Insights Online you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password, for restricting access to your computer and to the extent permitted by applicable law you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. You should take all necessary steps to ensure that the password is kept confidential and secure and should inform us immediately if you have any reason to believe that your password has become known to anyone else, or if the password is being, or is likely to be used in an unauthorised manner. You are responsible for ensuring that the details you provide us with are correct and complete, and for informing us of any changes to the information you have provided.
You must not use Insights Online: (i) in any way that causes, or is likely to cause, any Insights service, or any access to it to be interrupted, damaged or impaired in any way, or (ii) for fraudulent purposes, or in connection with a criminal offence or other unlawful activity, or (iii) to cause annoyance, inconvenience or anxiety.
We reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts or remove or edit content if you are in breach of applicable laws, these user terms and conditions or any other applicable terms and conditions, guidelines or policies.
Intellectual Property Rights
All intellectual property and all rights, title and interest in all Confidential Information, documents, data and all other information or materials regarding the business of Insights ('Intellectual Property') shall remain the exclusive property of Insights or its licensors.
Any Intellectual Property created by the Insights Online user shall automatically become the exclusive property of Insights.
As a user of Insights Online you shall:
- not, at any time, in any way question or dispute the ownership of Intellectual Property or any other such rights by Insights or its licensors;
- not create, modify, copy, reproduce or duplicate in any form any product, printed material or service that uses or is based on the Intellectual Property owned by Insights or its licensors;
- not at any time register, apply to register, use or adopt any name or mark (including internet domain names or ‘URL’s') that includes or is similar to any of the Insights trademarks, trade names or product names;
- at all times ensure the markings which refers to Insights copyright or any other Intellectual Property rights of Insights are displayed and remain unaltered.
The contents of this website (including all website design, text, graphics, the selection and arrangement thereof and all software compilations, underlying source code, software and all other material) are protected by copyright owned by Insights or its content and technology providers except insofar as individually stated on any particular material or items.
You may view the site and download any part(s) of it to a personal computer (or other device which is capable of accessing the internet) for personal viewing for private purposes only but you are not permitted without our permission:
- (a) to store it or any part of it other than for the purposes set out in this paragraph;
- (b) print out copies except for your own viewing for private purposes or for the purposes of your business (other than re-publishing such material for commercial purposes); or
- (c) reproduce, copy or transmit it (or any part of it) in any other way for any purpose or in any other medium. You are also not entitled to alter the content in any way.
For permission to reproduce any of the contents of this website in any other way please contact us.
We will do our utmost to ensure that availability of Insights Online will be uninterrupted and that transmissions will be error-free. However, due to the nature of the internet, this cannot be guaranteed. Also, your access to Insights Online may also be occasionally suspended or restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance, or the introduction of new facilities or services. We will attempt to limit the frequency and duration of any such suspension or restriction.
Insights will not be responsible for (i) losses that were not caused by any breach on our part, or (ii) any business loss (including loss of profits, revenue, contracts, anticipated savings, data, goodwill or wasted expenditure), or (iii) any indirect or consequential losses that were not foreseeable to both you and us when you commenced using Insights Online.
We will not be held responsible for any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these conditions if the delay or failure arises from any cause which is beyond our reasonable control. This condition does not affect your legal rights.
Nothing in these conditions limits or excludes our responsibility for fraudulent representations made by us or for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or willful misconduct.
Alterations to service or amendments to user terms and conditions
We reserve the right to make changes to any Insights services, policies, terms and conditions including these User Terms and Conditions and, where possible shall give notice of such changes either in writing or by a screen message. You will be subject to the user terms and conditions in force at the time that you use Insights Online. If any of these user terms and conditions is deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that condition will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining condition.
If you breach these User Terms and Conditions and we take no action, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach these Conditions of Use.
To find out more about Insights please visit www.insights.com
If you require further information please contact:
Insights Learning and Development Limited
3 Explorer Road
Tel: +44 (0)1382 908050